Submissions are accepted through the North Carolina Literary Review‘s Submittable online submission manager.
After you have reviewed the submission guidelines to determine whether the submission period of your genre is currently open, click to open NCLR Submittable in a new window. Follow the directions below to upload your submission to this site.
Directions for NCLR Submittable
- Click on link just above to NCLR‘s Submittable site.
- Click on the appropriate submission category. (If the category of your submission does not appear, review NCLR‘s submission guidelines to determine when the reading period for that genre opens.)
- Please read the category description and instructions carefully.
- If you are not already a registered user of Submittable, you will be prompted to create an account before proceeding beyond this step.
- If you already have a Submittable account, log in and proceed with the submission process, again following directions carefully.
- After you submit, you will receive an automated email. If you do not receive that email, either you have not completed your submission or our response was caught in your spam filter. Please add NCLRStaff@ecu.edu to your contacts list so that you do not miss our response to your submission. NCLR responds to every submission submitted through Submittable.
Please note that the poetry and creative nonfiction competitions require you to be a subscriber (though you may subscribe after submission). And the fiction competition, sponsored by the North Carolina Writers’ Network, requires a submission fee. We only read submissions in these genres through these competitions.
Please read the full guidelines for these competitions.
North Carolina Literary Review
East Carolina University
Mailstop 555 English | Greenville, NC 27858-4353
NCLRstaff@ecu.edu | 252-328-1537